Sunday 30 October 2011

October 2011

Busy month with lots of swimming plus the introduction of running and free weights.  Weight gain is going very well - over half a stone!  I have been in contact with two swimmers who have recently attempted to swim the Channel - sadly both failed.  Lisa swam 31 miles and still didn't reach France due to the tides - what an amazing swimming achievement though!  Sam hit bad weather as so often happens - it's all about the luck on the day!

Looking forward, I'm meeting my pilot/skipper in a couple of weeks and spending some time in the Channel at last! I've signed up to swim the Eton 10k early next year and enlisted the help of Claire Uwins who will help me work on the 'mental challenge' of the swim.  Thanks to Karen T for the 'body glide' roll on - I'm guessing it's for the swimming ........

No comments:

Post a Comment